Thursday, April 5, 2012



Addelyn did a couple of new things today that I thought were pretty AMAZING considering her age:

1.  It seems that Addelyn has learned a little bit of self-control.  We were playing with bubbles and she took the wand from me.  After playing with it a while (blowing in it, waving it around, looking at herself holding it in the mirror) she started to put it in her mouth.  After telling her to get it out of her mouth several times I took it away, at which point she of course began to cry.  After giving her cuddles and letting her know that I still loved her even though I had to take away her toy, I told her I'd give it back to her but she couldn't put it in her mouth, otherwise I'd take it away for good.  Once she got it back she played with it some more (though still in a bad mood from when I took it away) - and here's the surprising part:  at least a dozen times she went to put the wand in her mouth but caught herself before she did it and stopped and shook her head no-no (and yelled at me because she wanted to put it in her mouth) but she DIDN'T put it back in her mouth again and I didn't even need to remind her.

2.  Addelyn has made up a sign for "pretty" and "hairbrush"  It came about because I always tell her how pretty she is when I'm brushing her hair, so to say either word she just "brushes" her hair with her hand.  When I realized what she had done I was quite impressed to say the least!

3.  Addelyn has started shaking or nodding her head to say "no" or "yes" in answer to my questions - it is so nice!  Before she started doing that she still had pretty obvious no and yes responses (just using body language), but she just seems so much more grown up now that she has started shaking her head.  I've also noticed that she definitely likes answering no much more than answering yes.  I think that she just likes that she has some control over the situation, and she's exploring the concept that not everything mommy suggests has to happen :-)  Asserting her independence and she's not even 1 yet...boy, am I in for it!

4.  Another first - I've heard it a couple of times today and it's so cute!!!  Addelyn says "uh-oh" and "oh no!" now when she drops something etc...she also has been turning her palms up in question for a week or two now...I'll try to get a picture and edit it in soon :-)

Finally, here's a video of Addelyn being her cheerful/playful self.  She usually gets into a very playful, very active mood about 1 hour or 30 minutes before bedtime, and I thought I'd get it on video just so everyone can see how adorable it is :-)


Stats:
No stats today - not much has changed since last time :-)  Finally, 2 posts in one month!

No comments:

Post a Comment