Monday, August 22, 2011

Alright, I'll give this blogging thing a try...

So here it is.  Every morning between 3:30am and 5:30 am Addelyn wakes up for a bottle.  Once she's done with her bottle, I pump.  This means that I'm awake for at least 1 hour in the middle of the night each night, so I've decided to give blogging a try instead of randomly browsing the internet during my time pumping.

Addelyn has been doing a lot of new things lately - Last Wednesday (August 17) Addelyn started saying "Mama"!  I don't think she actually knows what it means, but she definitely uses it when she wants me to pay attention to her or do something for her, so she probably has a pretty good idea.  She's also starting to be able to hold herself up on her arms for a second or two, during which time she also likes to get up on her knees as well - assuming the 'crawling' pose for a split second and sometimes even rocking back and forth.  Scarey.  She's also sitting up for longer and longer periods of time when she feels like it.  For those that haven't spent much time around Addelyn, she has very little interest in sitting and not much more in laying down.  She would much rather stand so she can walk to wherever she wants to be.  Walking is something she does very well - I'm starting to think that she'll walk before she crawls.  She's got the stepping thing down, she just needs to work on the balance!

Last but not least, she's started to giggle a little more often.  Her first real giggle was at 10 weeks, then we didn't get another one untli 14 weeks, then I got another great giggle from her on Friday (18 weeks, 1 day).  It was so cute, I had to get it on video:


What was making her laugh so much?  I was hiding behind the refrigerator in our kitchen and jumping out and yelling "Boo!!"  I tried it again yesterday to no avail.  Boy, this kid sure is a tough crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment