Friday, August 26, 2011

A trip to Michigan

We took a trip to Grand Rapids and Mancelona on August 7-14 and I've just finished going through all of the pictures from it, so I thought I'd post a few of my favorites.  The drive wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.  We left Cedar Rapids at Addelyn's bedtime and stayed the night in Portage, IN; so the first 4 or 5 hours of the trip went very smoothly.  Then when Addelyn woke up (around 6 or 7, I think) we fed her and left right away so she'd take her morning nap in the car, and she woke up for her bottle just as we got off of the exit to Jake's parents' house.  The ride back wasn't as quick - We had to stop a couple of times to feed Addelyn and let her stretch  plus we took a detour down to Bloomington, IL to go to Mandi's baby shower.  The part that surprised me was how much Addelyn could sleep in the car - we were driving in the middle of the day (left Grand Rapids at 7am and got to Cedar Rapids around 9pm), but still Addelyn was asleep most of the way except for feedings and at Mandi's shower.  I was terrified for that night - I didn't think she would sleep at all since she got so much sleep during the day, but she surprised me again by sleeping 9 hours!  Yay!


Addelyn likes playing piano with grandma much better than playing piano with daddy...


Great-grandma Jabara carried Addelyn around a lot and showed her all of the pictures they have of her and her daddy.


Great-grandpa Jabara rocket her to sleep and held her for hours while she napped.


Great-grandma Conway also rocked Addelyn to sleep and loved to hold her.


Jake's cousin Barry was even there and stayed a little longer just to feed/hold Addelyn


Addelyn LOVED talking to Great-grandpa Conway - they had many deep conversations


Grandpa rocked Addelyn, played cards with her, and carried her around outside to see lots of plants and animals.  I think he was Addelyn's favorite bed of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment