Monday, September 5, 2011

I figured out how Addelyn can get around in her walker - I have to put her in it backwards.  The leg holes point forward too much, so she can't get her legs under her if she's in it correctly.  Now that I figured out the trick, Addelyn cruises!  She does have a bit of a problem with steering as you can see, though.  Since she has to sit backward, the pivoting wheels are in the back and it makes steering very non-intuitive.  I think I'm going to do some modifications of the shape of the seat pretty soon.



Addelyn has also started doing "the dive"  If I'm holding her and she sees something or someone that she wants, she will reach both hands out for it and try to 'dive' out of my hands.  Isn't she too young for that???  She's also doing better and better at sitting on her own.  A couple of days ago she decided that she wanted to sit IN her toy box.  She walked up to it and fussed when I offered her the toys or for her to stand by it - then once I put her in she got a big smile on her face and played in there for several minutes.  It was so cute.


Addelyn often takes her morning nap in our bed with me (and sometimes Jake, too!)  I think this may be her favorite place to nap because I'm right there not only to be a comforting presence, but also to replace her pacifier when it falls out, which it does at least a half-dozen times per nap.  When Addelyn naps wit me like this, it's totally normal for us to have a 2-hour nap, and we've even had a couple of 3-hour ones!  It is soooo nice.


We had a long, fun day on Saturday, September 3.  We woke up at Grandma and Papa Sienkiewicz's house and played until mid-afternoon, then went home and played some more.  I think Addelyn was beat...she had a mild fever (99.5) and fell asleep a little early that night - she couldn't even stay awake through her dinner!


Labor day was fun - we went to Lora and John Baughman's house and had a cookout.  Addelyn enjoyed all of her friends and she even got to play with Mia the dog, who is always very concerned when Addelyn crys or yells.  Mia will be a great big sister!  Addelyn played a little in the grass - it was a chilly day, so she got all bundled up and everyone agreed that the hat Tiffany made her was ADORABLE!!!  (and also that it made her look like a mushroom from Mario...nerds)




1 comment: